Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes...

I need to start a running list of the cute things my boys say about their soon-to-be sister. I was loading them in the car last Friday to take them both to school and Taye asked what I was going to do. I said, "Well, Mommy is going to have some free time to herself!" Ian looked at me with a smirk and said, "But Mommy, when you get our baby sister you're not going to have any more free time for yourself!" Oh, how true! Ian has also been telling everyone about his baby sister. I've heard from friends that the conversation goes something like this, "Hey Zach! I'm gettting a baby sister." Zach's mom (surprised by this news) says, "What Ian? Is your mom pregnant?" Ian says, "No. We're just getting her and we're not giving her back!" How sweet is that? We'll see how he feels about giving her back when she's here! Dan and I celebrated our 11th anniversary on Saturday with a lovely dinner out at the new French restaurant in Aptos, Au Midi. Here's a picture that our babysitter took before we left:


No word yet from my social worker- I can't wait for that phone to ring! I'll let you know when she calls.

1 comment:

Janine said...

That's so cute!! I think it's great your son is already so excited for his sister!!

Happy belated Anniversary! Wow!! 11years, congrats!!