Friday, August 29, 2008

Oh, What a Beautiful Day!

I have to say, particularly for my friends that live in other places, that we have been having the most amazing weather here the last few days. August and September tend to be the most amazing months for sunshine here in the Santa Cruz area- at least until the fog rolls in! This morning it was 75 and brilliantly sunny by 9 am, so I had to take a quick break from the computer and walked down to the beach with Aurora (my dog) so I could take a picture. For those of you who have never been to my house- we have a little path down to the beach and it takes about 3 minutes (that's without kids of course!) to get there. Here was the view this morning from the path:




On Wednesday, the kids have a minimum day at school so a couple of friends and I took our (combined) six kids down to our beach for an afternoon of boogie-boarding, sandcastles, and sun. We had gorgeous sun until about 3 o'clock when the wall of fog literally moved right in. However, while we were sitting on the beach, we saw the most amazing sight! Our beach is known for it's dolphins- they love to play in our gentle waves- we're right in the middle of the bay. On Wednesday, though, we saw something I've never seen before. LOTS and LOTS of dolphins- at least 50 of them swam by within a half an hour. And then, in the middle of them- a whale! It breached and it's huge tail came crashing down- right in front of us. It was unbelievable! Even the six kids were mesmerized by the dolphins and the whale. So, while I'm stuck inside working on online classes and getting to know you forms- I will be wishing I could be out there, laying on the beach with an iced tea! Have a wonderful long weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for the very exciting news!! We are overjoyed, which understates what you must feel. Persistence pays and so does patience (patient?? how can one be patient in this case??). Sweet Pea will be here sooner than you can get the mountain of paperwork done it seems. I knew it was complicated, but the list of requirements is dauntingly unbelieveable!! Keep on truckin' and we look forward to seeing you with baby in arms! (How young is she, by the way?) I need to call my sis and see what she thinks! What you are doing is wonderful and the boys will be good brothers. Lots of love, Aunt Wendy

Janine said...

Oh...what a beautiful day at the beach! It must be so hard to resist. Good for you for working so hard on getting your paperwork and classes done. It will be so worth it :-)

Anonymous said...

You write very well.