Thursday, August 14, 2008

We've started the process of bringing Sweet Pea home!

Sunday night I left the adoption application out on the dining room table. We've been talking and discussing and talking some more and I knew Dan was on-board, I just needed his signature so I could send it off! Monday morning, I woke up early with Taye jumping in my bed. Even before I got my coffee, I walked by the dining room to see if he had signed it. HE HAD! I called him up, giddy, to ask if I was dreaming. Nope! We are on our way to being parents of a little girl from Russia. When I told Taye that Daddy had signed the papers, the first thing he said was, "Oh good- we'll finally have someone to wear that princess dress in our dress-up box!" Well, sure that IS important. Tuesday morning, after dropping Ian off at preschool- Taye and I headed over to the local adoption agency in Capitola that will do our homestudy to drop off the application.We circled the block looking for parking and Taye asked, "If we can't find parking, does that mean we won't get my baby sister?" Taye took a picture just before we headed in:




Yeah! Then, on Wednesday, Ian and I headed to the post office to mail off our application to our placing agency (didn't get a picture of that!) Wednesday was also Taye's first day of First Grade. Now, he's at school from 7:49 until 2:05. Ian will be at preschool Tuesday/Thursday and Friday which gives me a nice little break three days a week. Now, I'll have time to fill out the mountain of paperwork that I know is coming! Heres a picture of the boys on the first day of school:

Now, we're on day 2 of 1st grade and it's a little scary to him! I'm crossing my fingers he has a better day.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! You're really going for it! I'm excited for you guys and will keep this sweet girl, wherever she is right now, in my thoughts. You guys rock!--marianne

Unknown said...

You're naming her Sweet Pea?!!! And you thought Matheus had an hard first day of school!!! ;)
By the way, I'm curious what Matheus was scared about(he's so fearless normally...)
p.s. I'm so happy/exicted for you and I can't wait to meet her.
Love, Kerra

Unknown said...

a* hard day

smithgirls3 said...

I am very excited for you guys. Can't wait to hear (read) more and of course met her!

Janine said...

Yeah!! I'm so excited for you!! Your boys are so cute!

alysen said...

what a magical time for you all. we can't wait to see the baby in the pink princess dress. keep us posted and let us know when it is time to go girl clothes shopping for the Grovers! Dreams do come true!
Love from the Lanagans

Steve said...

You are so cute! Tears came to me as I read about the beginning of your journey. I look forward to watching your wishes come true!
Andrea

melissa said...

Somewhere on the other side of this great big world of ours, a little girl is smiling not even knowing that her smile is for you...a woman is smiling too as she has a glimpse of the life possible for her child. What a fantastic journey!

Xoxoxoxox

~Melissa

Bethany said...

Congratulations on starting your adoption journey. I know how exciting the simplest little things {like mailing off paperwork} can be. :)