Monday, August 25, 2008

Whew! That wasn't so bad...

Okay, I didn't realize that this wasn't an "interview" but more like an informational meeting. We spent about 45 minutes reviewing all of the forms and paperwork that we need to turn in before the official homestudy interview takes place. I have never seen so much paperwork in my whole life. You know what it's like when you buy a house and you sit down at the desk at the title company and they just start laying the papers in front of you to sign? It was like that times 100! I knew that there would be a lot to do, but I honestly didn't realize just how much. I asked my social worker how long she thought it would take and she said she has had clients take 2 weeks or 7 months! Seven months? She asked me what kind of person I was and I said, "Definitely more like 2 weeks!" If I do nothing else... if my kids watch lots of TV.. if I don't eat or sleep... You get the picture. It's pretty insane. It makes me realize that we'd have a LOT fewer children in this world if everyone had to do this to have a baby! I started right in on the paperwork this morning and dropped some forms off at the pediatrician's office. Dan got a phone call tonight, panicked from the kid's doctor, "Your boys are adopted? Why didn't I know this? Blah.. Blah..Blah..." I guess that is what is hardest for me. All of the items that I have no control over! Anyway, I better get back to that pile. Send me your best wishes for getting it done ASAP.

No comments: